Friday, October 16, 2009

Chai!


Chai tea seems to be a big deal right now in the world of hot-beverages-on-the-go. To tell the truth, I've never had any other than what you see in the picture here. So, I couldn't tell you if this recipe makes the same thing you buy or not. All I know is that it tastes good on a chilly spring evening.



Chai Tea

1/2 C water


1 bag black tea, such as English breakfast, orange pekoe or Darjeeling. (I use Yorkshire)


1 3" piece cinnamon stick (I just use regular ground cinnamon... a couple of shakes.)


2 C milk


2 Tbs raw sugar or honey


1 tsp vanilla


1/8 tsp ground ginger


1/8 tsp cardamom



Combine water, tea bag and cinnamon in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Discard tea bag and cinnamon. Stir in remaining ings. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated, but do not boil. Serve in warm mugs.

This is also super easy to make in the microwave.



May I ask a favor? If any of you have had chai before, and want to try this recipe, let me know how it compares. I've asked a friend before *coughcoughyouknowwhoyouarecough* but she never got back to me. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment