Thursday, March 29, 2012

Foodie Update


It's been a while since I've had much to post about, a result of being on the HCG diet for over a month. Hey, I'm down 20 lbs, but lean meat, one vegetable and one fruit per meal doesn't leave a whole lot of room for creativity. I'm excited to say that I have one week left before I can start eating almost normally again! Still low-carb... but I like that challenge. I am looking forward to sharing healthier recipes and meals with you. I still love my scones and bread of all types, but the reality of obesity and diabetes in my family is forcing me to take a step back from indulgence and find ways of making delicious, health-conscious meals, and creative ways to get myself to eat - dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUHN - vegetables. I am learning to eat more vegetables than before, but it's not an easy of terribly fun transition.

I also have some new and exciting cook-books to try out as soon as I'm released from the bonds of a strict diet. Look for reviews in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment