Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cuisinart SmartStick

I’ve wanted an immersion blender ever since I first worked as a waitress in a local restaurant. I witnessed the wonders that were worked behind the closed doors of the kitchen and knew that someday I would have one of my own. Recently, I’ve been on a kitchen-appliance-browsing kick, and found exactly what I was looking for in the way of immersion blenders.


The Cuisinart SmartStick. It has excellent reviews. The entire blender shaft easily detaches for easy cleaning without the remotest chance of electrocuting yourself. And the blades on this baby are sharp. I’ve made tomato soup, blended up batter in seconds and I know not what all, and one day soon I’ll see how it stands against chunks of frozen fruit in making smoothies.

It comes with a “Mixing Beaker”, which is really quite handy when you are mixing up small batches of something-or-other. No need to get a giant bowl dirty. For a small kitchen, it does quite a lot of what a regular blender would do, without hogging counter space. And it’s infinitely quieter than a regular blender, which is invaluable for my family; my dad is working 3rd shift right now, and when you really want a smoothie but can’t make one lest you wake him… a quiet blender is a dream come true. And as far as features goes… it hasn’t any. There’s a switch that turns it on and off. That’s all. And who needs more? Well, other than the lovely selection of pretty colors. That was the hardest part of the decision to buy, for me. Pink? Apple Green? I settles on turquoise, and in person it has a sort of retro look about it. For $30, this is a great small appliance to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment